Using LinkedIn to get outreach & lead generation? Then you must have or will soon get a message similar to the picture below.
Now the question arises What is the LinkedIn Weekly Invitation limit? In this article, there will be a detailed discussion on this Invitation Limit which can help in your outreach.
What is the Weekly Invite Limit on LinkedIn?
After recent changes, LinkedIn weekly invitation limit has been reduced from 100 Invites per day to 100 Invites per week.
LinkedIn set this weekly invite limit to discourage spamming & boost more effective connections. Through the invitation limit, LinkedIn aims to improve the experience of LinkedIn members & reduce the case of poorly targeted outreach.
Note: This LinkedIn weekly invitation limit is also applicable for Premium accounts as well.
How many LinkedIn Invites can I send per Month?
With this change in the weekly limit, people also want to know if is there a limit for invites per month. LinkedIn has not specifically mentioned limits on any number of invites sent per month.
In case, when an account sends many LinkedIn Invites then LinkedIn itself alerts the account. So, LinkedIn based on the accounts activity sends the alert to take a break from sending LinkedIn Invites.
If you are using LinkedIn for Lead Generation & Outreach then you must try these tools for Growth Hacking: LinkedIn Email Finder, LinkedIn Group Member Extractor & Bulk LinkedIn Profile Scraper.
When does LinkedIn Weekly Invitation Limit reset?
While you are sending the invites, you know the limit. But from when does this limit margin?
LinkedIn weekly invitation limit gets reset mostly based on the last 7 days’ activity. Some articles are calling that this reset takes place on Weekends or Mondays but there is no fixed pattern of reset.
So, it is better to send the LinkedIn Invitations to a small group of people at a time. Because this makes your Account look genuine & can the LinkedIn Weekly Limitation alert won’t come frequently.
If you have received LinkedIn Weekly Invitation limit Alert then wait for 3-5 days to cool off the limit.
When can LinkedIn put the Invitation Limit on accounts?
Apart from LinkedIn Weekly Invitation Limit, LinkedIn can also put a limitation on the invitations for other reasons as well.
- Network Size Limit: For ensuring an optimal site experience for the Members, the network size limit for LinkedIn members is a maximum of 30,000 – 1st-degree connections.
Don’t worry. there won’t be any problem with the account if you have reached 30,000 connections. But, Follow will become the default option on your profile.
You will not be able to accept or send new connection invitations unless you remove connections to keep network size under the limit.
- Too Many Invitations Sent: Even though, the weekly limit is 100 Invitations. If you send more than 50 Invitations in a few hours, there is a high chance that LinkedIn might restrict you from sending further Invitations. Because you’ve sent many invitations within a short amount of time.
- Marked Spam: If you just blindly sent the Invitations for better outreach. Then there is a high chance that many of your invitations have been ignored, left pending or marked as spam by the recipients. As a result, the account will get restricted from sending the Invitations.
What happens after LinkedIn has Imposed Restrictions?
If LinkedIn has put restrictions on your account, then you should read this part.
Most restrictions will automatically be removed within one week. Here are some solutions to try. This is based on your invitation restriction:
- First restriction – If it’s your first time then the restrictions will be for a few hours around 3-8 hours. Wait a few hours, refresh & then try again.
- Multiple restrictions in a day – If there is more than one restriction in less than 24 hours. Then the restriction will be for a few days. This restriction will be for around 3-7 days.
- Restriction for too many outstanding invitations – If LinkedIn has restricted the account for outstanding invitations. Then wait for up to one month before attempting to send another invitation.
How to avoid getting Restricted from Sending LinkedIn Weekly Invitations?
For Lead Generation & Outreach on LinkedIn, Here are some tips for you to avoid getting restricted from sending invitations:
- Filter the Lead list – Send invitations to people you know & the leads that can be interested in your product.
- Personalize the Message – Provide context by adding a personalized message with your invitation. Explain how you know the recipient or why you’d like to connect with them.
- Other ways to Connect – Use InMail & LinkedIn Groups to network with LinkedIn members you don’t know.
- Ensure the account doesn’t look like spam – This can be done simply by updating the information displayed on your profile. Adding a profile photo will increase the credibility of your profile & it will also help you stand out from the crowd. This also makes the recipient recognize an account.
So, here I covered every aspect of the LinkedIn Weekly Invitation Limit that you must know.
Check out Prospectss for Brilliant & User-Friendly Growth Marketing tools for lead generation & outreach.
Find more such interesting & simple blogs on LinkedIn & other social media for Growth Hacking in Business.