Twitter is an incredible platform for generating leads & driving a lot of traffic. From Nike to Starbucks, almost every company is on Twitter. If you also want to grow your followers & reach on Twitter, you should capitalize on not just organic growth but also on paid promotions.
A great way to generate new leads & boost your website traffic is by using Twitter Ads. I’d even go far & say that you can actually create an effective ad without spending heavily on it.
So, let’s find out how to set up Twitter Ads.
Create your Twitter Ads Account
- First, go to Twitter.com.
- Log in to your Twitter account from where you want to run Ads.
- Now, go to Twitter Ads.
- Choose your time zone & country. Choose the time zone and the nation whose currency you want to be billed in for your campaign results. Once you have registered your account, you cannot alter these settings.
Your Twitter Ads account is now set. Now, let’s find out how to set up Twitter Ads.
Setting up Twitter Ads
>Once you’ve followed the previously mentioned steps, you will be directed to the choose a campaign page. You can either select a simple campaign that is great for beginners or an advanced one that is more suited for advanced advertisers.
I will discuss the advanced campaign settings to give you an in-depth view.
>Once you select the Advance campaign option, you must set a campaign objective.
Let me give you a brief overview of all the Campaign Objectives:
- Website Traffic-Select this option to drive traffic to your website.
- Reach-This option maximizes the focus of your Ad’s reach.
- Video Views-Use this option to get more people to watch your video Ad.
- Pre-roll Views-This option Immediately shows viewers why they should keep watching your video Ad & then click through to find out more.
- App Installs– This option helps your Ad be more visible to users who are more likely to install your app.
- Engagements-Use this objective to get more users to engage with your Tweet.
- Followers-These Ads suggest Twitter accounts that people don’t yet follow & may find interesting.
- App re-engagements-In an app re-engagement campaign, you only pay for clicks that lead people to open your app.
>You will be directed to the Campaign Details page, where you can name your campaign & optimize your campaign’s budget. You must carefully decide how much you want to spend on the Ad. Once you do that, click on next.
Now comes the big part, where you need to fill in various details on the metrics your ad will be run. You need to scroll down after selecting each option.
Note: You may run a variety of audiences, creatives, and bidding types together in one campaign by using Ad Groups. They help you plan, improve, and manage your campaigns.
>Select your Budget & Schedule. You can run your Ad indefinitely if you check the Run indefinitely box. If you uncheck the box, your Ad will run for a specific period.
>On to the Delivery section. Here, you decide how your Ad group should be optimized, your bidding strategy & how you will pay for your Ad.
>You can even select your Demographics. Use the location & language settings for more precise targeting.
>Determine which Devices & Operating Systems your Ad should be optimized for. You can also upload a list of custom leads in the Audiences section.
>To define your targeting metrics further, you can enter the required fields in the Targeting Features section. These fields include keywords, interests, target-specific events, etc.
>In the Placements section, choose where to place your Ad. There are 3 options; home timelines, profiles & search results.
>I suggest you keep Twitter Audience Platforms options ON. This helps expand your campaign to reach your audience through the applications they use daily & may increase the scale of your advertising.
>Now, you need to upload your Ad Creatives. It is how your Ad will look.
>Click on next & you are all set. I’d suggest you re-check everything before moving any further. Once you have done that, feel free to hit the Launch Campaign button.
Example: So if you want more people to visit your website, select Website Traffic as your Ad’s campaign objective. When you set your preferred settings & launch the campaign, your Ad runs according to your preferred settings.
There you go! You can start making your Twitter Ads now. Don’t forget to optimize it from time to time to have the best outcome. Also, for more such tutorials, do check out our blog page.