In this article, I will explain how you can connect LinkedIn with Salesforce. But before that, let me tell you why you should integrate these platforms in the first place.
Why should you connect LinkedIn with Salesforce?
Integrating LinkedIn with Salesforce is a great way to convert prospects into leads, drive more sales & quickly close deals. Basically, you achieve that by automating your workflow & having a centralized interface by integrating both platforms. You can effortlessly get your prospect’s LinkedIn Profile, Company Page & other information. Using these data points, you can analyze your prospectss & engage them better.
I’ve told you why to integrate LinkedIn with Salesforce. Now, I’ll explain how to connect these 2 platforms.
How to connect LinkedIn with Salesforce?
You can connect LinkedIn with Salesforce using various CRM softwares/tools. Businesses use various online CRM tools, such as Zapier, Appexchange, Zopto, etc., to ensure a smooth workflow.
To keep it simple, I’ll tell you how to integrate Zapier with LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms. Take a look.
Step 1: Log in to Zapier
Login to Zapier.com. Once you’ve logged in, go to your dashboard.
Step 2: Connect LinkedIn with Salesforce
Type ‘LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms’ in connect this app section.
Type ‘Salesforce’ in the second option & hit the ‘Make a Zap’ button.
IMPORTANT! Understanding Triggers & Actions
Triggers start the workflow when any new data is fetched or updated by users. Actions put those new data in apps that pass through the API as per your customized input fields.
To keep it simple, I’m selecting ‘New Lead Gen Form Response’ as the trigger & ‘Create Record’ as an action. So when someone responds to my set form, a record will be created automatically. (You can select as per your requirements).
Step 3: Set up & Test Trigger & Action
Now select your preferred trigger & action.
Take a look at the Triggers details.
- Select your event. (In this case, I’ve selected New Lead Gen Form Response).
- Choose your account. You might have to sign in & give permission in this step.
- Setup trigger by adding your account & the Lead form.
- Click on continue & test the trigger.
Moving onto the Actions Part.
- Choose your event. (In this case, I’ve selected Create Record).
- Choose your Salesforce account.
- To set up an action, choose a value(Salesforce object). In this step, you need to consider what type of account you want to create. Fill in the details as per your needs & click on continue.
- You can skip the test & you are all done.
Viola!😉 You’ve now connected LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms with Salesforce. You can choose whichever CRM software/tool you want to connect LinkedIn with Salesforce to maximize your efficiency.
We’ve got you more such informative blogs & quick growth hacks. Do check out our Growth Hack Blog page & surge your business at a faster rate.